How to make this recipe
- 25 g unsalted butter , melted
- 225g plain flour
- 135g rolled oats (traditional oats)
- 110g brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 340g Wooden Spoon Raspberry Jam or flavour of your choice
Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
Spray a 20cm/9″ square tin with oil and line with baking/parchment paper with overhang (so it can be lifted out once cooked).
Mix together butter, flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and salt until you can no longer see white bits of flour. Add egg and mix.
Place 2 1/2 cups of the mixture in the tin and press into base. Spread with jam (Note 1), then use your hands to crumble the remaining mixture over the top (Note 2).
Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until the top is deep golden. Remove and allow to cool in the tin before lifting out of the tin using the baking paper.
Cut into squares. Serve at room temperature. Store in airtight container
1. If your jam is not soft and easy to spread, pop it in the microwave for 1 minute to soften.
2. The mixture will be a bit clumped together so use your fingers to crumble it onto the top. The better you crumble it, the softer the top will be once baked so when you bite into it, it doesn’t press down and make the jam ooze out (not that that’s such a bad thing!!!)